Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Festivals of the film variety

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Gwailofilms's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 4th, 2000
    Posts
    161
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Anybody know of any good film festivals that accept short films on video?

    The link that was previously posted on this board, led to a site that was waaaaaaay out of date and I'm just drawing blanks by searching.

    Preferably, I'd like ones in the UK, that accept PAL format, don't demand a 35mm print and don't try and charge me ?50 for the priveledge. What're the odds?

    Come on peeps, share the love. smile

    ------------------
    The future is here:-
    www.gwailofilms.co.uk

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Mods's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 25th, 2001
    Posts
    687
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    There are probably small obscure villages that do this, but i dont know of any decent UK film festivals that do this. Probably cos i haven't been looking.

    Crap of the what a load of variety biggrin

    wink
    Mods

    ------------------
    Mark "Mods" Lovegrove

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Gwailofilms's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 4th, 2000
    Posts
    161
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Okay, anyone know of any "obscure villages" that do this? smile

    One "obscure village" that seems to is a small place in France called Cannes.

    ------------------
    The future is here:-
    www.gwailofilms.co.uk

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member deanl's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 29th, 2000
    Posts
    1,082
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey there.

    There is a film festival in Manchester that screens movies on all formats. They judge the movie not the budget. This years festival has been and gone but Im pretty sure its on again in the new year. I try and did up some info for ya and post it here.

    Despin out.

    ------------------
    "Ive got bad feeling about this."

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member miker's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 1999
    Posts
    2,621
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've had videos screened at the Walthemstow Film Fest, which is an annual event. Since I'm no longer a Londoner, I don't know.

    I have toyed with the idea of a Denmead Digital Festival, but I'm not sure I'd get enough entrants wanting to part with ?50 ...

    ------------------
    N305UDB M173UBM
    (B55VOR)
    (WGO963W)

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Gwailofilms's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 4th, 2000
    Posts
    161
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    Thanks guys. Top stuff; keep it comin'!

    ------------------
    The future is here:-
    www.gwailofilms.co.uk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •